CWLC is a member of the Reproductive Justice Coalition of Los Angles (RJCLA). The coalition includes a diverse group of over 20 grassroots, statewide, and national organizations. The Coalition’s main objective is to provide capacity-building opportunities for community-based organizations that focus on people of color and have expressed an interest in working on issues concerning reproductive health and justice. RJCLA’s work is unique in that it looks to the community to develop its agenda.
Recognizing the ethnic diversity of Los Angeles County, RJCLA focuses primarily on strengthening the reproductive rights of women of color, immigrant women and young women. RJCLA believes that, by advocating for the rights of less privileged women and underserved women in our communities, ultimately all women in Los Angeles County will be more empowered to exercise their rights.
Recent RJCLA accomplishments include:
- Conducted 11 reproductive health and rights focus groups throughout Los Angeles County;
- Published a report of findings from focus groups;
- Coordinated report back to stakeholders including the 11 community-based organizations participating in focus groups;
- Helped to defeat Propositions 73 and 85 by developing “No on 73” and “No on 85” education messages for the Latino, Asian and African-American communities; and
- Sponsored three annual International Women’s Day Celebrations
To learn more, visit RJCLA’s website.
To go from here