Our friends at JVS Veterans First are starting an exciting new program. They are seeking 15 women veterans to participate in a Professional Development & Empowerment Cohort “A.I.M. for Success” at their office in Marina Del Rey.
The participants will also receive a gift bag and a professional photograph for their LinkedIn account (if they do not have a LinkedIn account- one will be created during the week)
The Cohort will provide:
– Targeted workshops covering issues specific to women, as well as focusing on job preparedness, job search, career advancement, and professional development.
– Mindfulness-Based practices to cope with job search fatigue and anxiety
– Self-esteem and team-building exercises
– Access for support services, educational, training, and mentorship opportunities
– Networking luncheon on the last day of the series
The Cohort will take place August 4th-8th (9am-12pm) at 13160 Mindanao Way, Suite 233
Please contact Diane Yaris Adkins, MSW directly at (310) 309-6000 x 246 if you are interested in this opportunity. FREE PARKING and transportation assistance can be provided.
Reminder: CWLC's next FREE legal housing clinic is this coming Saturday, Oct. 24! Click the link for more info and… twitter.com/i/web/status/13190…
Great news! William & Mary University will now reinstate women’s gymnastics, swimming and volleyball and will be re… twitter.com/i/web/status/13183…
Read this article published in a Philadelphia's legal newspaper about "crisis pregnancy centers" and the mounting o… twitter.com/i/web/status/13183…