Our friends at JVS Veterans First are starting an exciting new program. They are seeking 15 women veterans to participate in a Professional Development & Empowerment Cohort “A.I.M. for Success” at their office in Marina Del Rey.
The participants will also receive a gift bag and a professional photograph for their LinkedIn account (if they do not have a LinkedIn account- one will be created during the week)
The Cohort will provide:
– Targeted workshops covering issues specific to women, as well as focusing on job preparedness, job search, career advancement, and professional development.
– Mindfulness-Based practices to cope with job search fatigue and anxiety
– Self-esteem and team-building exercises
– Access for support services, educational, training, and mentorship opportunities
– Networking luncheon on the last day of the series
The Cohort will take place August 4th-8th (9am-12pm) at 13160 Mindanao Way, Suite 233
Please contact Diane Yaris Adkins, MSW directly at (310) 309-6000 x 246 if you are interested in this opportunity. FREE PARKING and transportation assistance can be provided.
Today is the 49th anniversary of Title IX, the federal civil rights law prohibiting discrimination based on sex in… twitter.com/i/web/status/14078…
CWLC is proud to share two exciting Title IX athletics victories. The University of St. Thomas in St. Paul Minnesot… twitter.com/i/web/status/14056…
CWLC Board Member Alicia Matricardi is moderating a panel on 6/22 at 12PM which will discuss two CA laws requiring… twitter.com/i/web/status/14053…